Fall in West Michigan
There are so many fun things to do during the Fall months in West Michigan!
Greater Grand Rapids and West Michigan are great places to be in any season. Spend your time downtown Grand Rapids in the winter for World of Winter, hop over to The Tulip Festival in Holland in the Spring, spend time at Lake Michigan in the Summer, pick apples and drink cider in the Fall, and the list goes on!
Keep scrolling to learn about our favorite things to do in West Michigan during the Summer!
You can also follow us on Instagram at @thelocal.westmichigan to explore West Michigan with us!
Tap into Fall and get cozy!
West Michigan is a professional at all things fall!! We’ve included activities, things to do, and businesses that will make the fall season fantastic!
Typically mid September-early October
ArtPrize is the biggest contemporary art exhibition in the US, which features up to 1,500 artists competing for $500,000 in prize money. In Grand Rapids we are so fortunate to host this event because it makes for a ton of fun and celebration of art in the fall months.
Open all fall!
Robinette’s is a Grand Rapids hotspot and the place to be! In the fall, they offer so many activities that make for a fun day with family. Some of those activities include: a corn maze, a petting zoo, hayrides, trails, u-pick apples, wine tasting, and so much more! Experience Robinette’s for yourself, you won’t be disappointed!
Season opener for the Grand Rapids Griffins
Opening night this season is October 13!
The Grand Rapids Griffins are the junior league hockey team that brings in a crowd of fans from all over the city. The opening of their season is in mid October and going to a game is such a fun thing to add to your fall schedule!
Apple Picking and Pumpkin Patches
The Fall is full of family, festivities, and fun in GR. Of course everyone loves the tradition of carving pumpkins and picking apples, so let us introduce you to some of the best places that offer these activities in the Grand Rapids area:
- Dunneback Farms — U-pick apples and pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch
3025 6 Mile Road Grand Rapids, MI 49544
- Post Family Farm — Pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch and amazing donuts
5081 Bauer Rd. Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Heidi’s Farmstand — Pumpkin patch, farm market, and corn maze.
11999 Cascade Rd SE, Lowell, MI 49331
- Grange Orchards — U-pick apples and pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch
- Robinette’s — U-pick apples, pumpkin picking, corn maze, wine tasting, an more
3142 4 Mile Rd. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Schwallier’s Country Basket — U-pick apples, pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch, corn maze, petting farm, and more
1185 9 Mile Road NW Sparta, Michigan 49345
Cideries in West Michigan!
The perfect places to hang out with friends on a sunny fall day!!
What better way to soak in all the Fall feels than to get together with your closest pals and visit one of the many fantastic hard cideries in GR!
- Farmhaus Cider Co — A tucked away hotspot near GVSU’s Allendale campus that truly makes you feel at home while you sip on hard cider and enjoy a conversation with friends.
5025 Stanton St, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Pink Barrel Cellars—Located at Ed Dunneback and Girls Farm, this cidery has the most aesthetic atmosphere. Enjoy your hard cider while your kiddos enjoy some of the many attractions you can find there!
3025 6 Mile Rd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544
- Vander Mill—One thing we love about enjoying a glass of hard cider is the atmosphere that comes along with it! Vander Mill definitely measures up when it comes to a great atmosphere and better cider!
505 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- The Peoples Cider —A local cidery located on Leonard St that we would consider a hidden gem!
539 Leonard St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Thornapple Brewing— A must visit when you find yourself in GR! Try what they have on tap, you will be beyond pleased!!
6262 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
The Local Element West Michigan is focused on connecting YOU to your West Michigan community!
If you’re looking to make a move in the area, our talented agents would love to help!
Fill out the form below to get started!